Why we are different
What Makes us Unique
We aim to help families living below the poverty line by easing their financial stress when it comes time to arrange a funeral for their loved ones.
We do this by providing dignified, quality funeral services which include:
- Charitable Means-Tested Funerals: Bereavement Assistance is the only company in Australia that offers means-tested funeral services at no-cost to disadvantaged families. Since 1997, Bereavement Assistance has donated $598,700 to disadvantaged families by providing dignified, quality charitable funeral services in Victoria.
- Low-Cost Funerals: As a not-for-profit organisation, we provide dignified, quality low-cost funerals at one-third of the price of an average commercial funeral. Any money made on these low-cost funerals is put back into the company so that we can continue to provide charitable funerals to families with no money, or homeless people.
Our Way of Thinking
We Care About Your Loved One
As a service based registered charity, we genuinely care about giving your loved one a dignified quality funeral. Each of our staff, from our administration co-ordinator; our embalmer; funeral consultants and funeral directors all share our service-based values and treat everyone with respect, care and compassion.
We Believe in What We Do
We believe everyone, no matter what their financial, social or family circumstances are, has the right to a quality, dignified funeral service – rather than putting their family into financial hardship or having a pauper funeral. We never turn anyone away.
Our Commitment to You
We are here to help you. This means:
- our funeral directors operate our 24-hour, seven days a week phone service
- we provide burial and cremation services anywhere in Victoria
- we guide, support and assist you with planning the right funeral for your loved one
- we listen to what you want and customise the funeral service
- we provide low-cost and charitable funeral services for all Victorians
Let us know how we can help you.